Support for foreign dentists in the Netherlands
Welcome to the NMT, the professional association for dentists and dental specialists in the Netherlands. The NMT represents 80% of all dentists in the Netherlands. Our position as the largest and strongest professional association enables us to effectively look after the collective interests of our professional members and to make a difference as a serious negotiating partner with various third parties such as insurers, the government and the NZa (Dutch Healthcare Authority).
In addition, the NMT provides individual support to dentists with various products and services, for example by developing employment contracts or by providing dentists with advice when needed.
The NMT invests a great deal of energy in promoting the quality of dentistry in general as well as for vulnerable groups such as children and older people.
The NMT also aims to assist dentists who have completed their professional training in a Euro Zone country other than the Netherlands and who wish to orient themselves in the Netherlands. We can provide you with information on a wide range of issues such as:
As a member of the NMT, you will have access to all our products and services, including:
- the organisation of the dental sector in the Netherlands;
- current developments in the dental sector in the Netherlands;
- taxes, social security and insurance requirements;
- (employment) agreements generally used by the dental practitioner;
- the requirements for working as a dentist in the Netherlands.
- support interview for members who have completed their professional training outside the Netherlands;
- information and advice from the NMT Member Service, for example regarding the rights and obligations of dentists;
- the vacancy database;
- information on guidelines and protocols;
- discounts on insurance policies offering specific coverage for dentists;
- the complaints module for support in case of complaints from patients.
This website contains additional information about dentistry in the Netherlands. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us, either by e-mail or by telephone + 31 (0)30 – 60 76 380 or visit facebook.com/dutchdentistry (click the banner).